Despite the rapid development of technology, most of the attacks are detected by the signature method, and the accuracy of all methods built on the basis of signature analysis depends on how well the signatures are written.
To develop signatures, you need high competence and understanding of how an intruder works. Such competences are available to employees of the «Pentestit» security analysis department. Attack signatures are signs that are inherent in exploiting a vulnerability or identifying a potential attack vector.
Signature analysis reveals:
- active scanning of the web application with various tools and utilities;
- identification of smart data on the site;
- attempts to exploit vulnerabilities in «manual mode»;
- attempts to identify vulnerabilities using attack attributes;
- attempts to exploit known vulnerabilities.
Signature analysis is the basis for building models of machine learning.